[Sca-cooks] Hello?

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Sep 17 03:37:24 PDT 2002

Also sprach A F Murphy:
>Well... my message came through to you, but not to me! The holiday was
>the reason I wasn't bothered by a slow list, but nothing at all seemed
>excessive!
>
>Anyhow, I just  now received 35 messages, from 9:00 or so this morning
>on. And even a few that seem to have been floating in the ether for
>three days? So the log jam, whatever it was, has broken.

Add to this the fact that this log jam (which for me was only about
three hours long) just happened to coincide exactly with Verizon's
request that I change my server settings in my mail reader, setting
in motion a chain of ridiculous events that resembled a Greek tragedy
as written by Jerry Lewis, c. 1957, and my own test message becomes a
little more understandable.

>Thank you for your patience. I return you to your regularly scheduled
>discussion of everything under the sun... *G*
>
>Anne
>
>Heleen Greenwald wrote:
>
>>You are coming through loud & clear. Maybe nobody posted because they were
>>at Yom Kippur services and fasting all day. And who wants to talk about food
>>when you can't eat?!
>><giggling> Phillipa

I guess it depends. Some people I know would rather not talk when
they're really busy, concentrating on serious eating.

Okay, so how many cultures can you think of that have a Day [or Days]
of Atonement [with dietary ramifications] immediately following the
New Year Celebration? Lessee... you've got Yom Kippur (this is _not_
a day to eat herring?), the Chinese fast/meatless day after New
Year's, and, of course, Lent. What am I missing? I mean, in info on
this topic, smart alecs...

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER