[Sca-cooks] Re: Very carefully not panicking...

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 19 14:59:02 PDT 2002

Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:59:25 -0400
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Very carefully not panicking...

Generys wrote:

OK, I've mentioned this before, but I'm cooking my first feast (as head cook I mean) tomorrow and Sat, and while everything *appears* to be going well, in terms of logistics, etc... I'm absolutely terrified that *something* is going to go horribly wrong and it will be my fault.  Do you all have any words of reassurance for a very nervous first time cook? :-)

I can relate to your feelings! I think we all have a moment of panic before we start a feast. My advice is: make lists so you don't forget to do something (I am big on lists), play soothing music in the kitchen, and make sure that there is a car close to the feast hall so you can run to the store to get that one ingredient you forgot. Find out where the nearest grocery store is to the site on your way in tomorrow if you don't know already. DON'T FORGET TO EAT!!! and drink plenty of fluids. And for god sakes wear comfortable shoes, preferably sneakers. Your mood will stay on a much more even keel if you don't hurt from the waist down. Have ibroprofen or tylenol handy to take in the afternoon when your feed begin to seriously hurt. You'll be fine! Can't wait to hear about it!!

Aislinn

"Of the Good in you I can speak, but not of the Evil.  For what is Evil but Good -  tortured by its own hunger and thirst?  When Good is hungry, it seeks food , even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters." - Kahlil Gibran