Recipe? (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Pork fat)

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Sun Sep 22 06:06:14 PDT 2002

    It's chunks of bacon that aren't good enough to be packaged prettily.
They're just stuffed in a box, generally 3 pounds, and sold for a little
over a dollar a pound. If you're using it to cook with as opposed to serving
it up by itself, it's a wonderful budget stretcher. Just bear in mind that
you generally find a lot of chunks in there, and they need to be trimmed
down. You can find it at WallyWorld all the time, as well as most
not-too-upscale grocery stores.

    Sieggy