college and slaughter... (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Cooking Cats

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed Sep 25 09:32:44 PDT 2002

>Although I still maintain that you should not be allowed to graduate
>from college until you have killed and eaten something with your bare hands.
>If you're going to be a carnivore, be an aware and responsible carnivore.

Well, bare hands might be a bit much, but a sharp object.

I happen to agree with that 100%.

People freak when I tell them that I've done my own slaughtering.  I think
it's a sign of respect to the animals that give their lifeblood.

What gets to me is the kids (and adults) that pick up ground beef at the
grocery store and have *no* clue it comes from a cow. (ok, cows aren't
beef, but you know what I meant...)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry