[Sca-cooks] Alton Brown in a Tunic?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 25 11:19:07 PDT 2002

>Signed,
>El Hermoso Dormido, who's been wanting to see Medieval-themed
>"Good Eats" shows for quite some time now...

I kind of wonder what he would do. The problem is that, although
he often presents some good food anthropology at times, he
also has been guilty of major errors when it comes to Medieval
dishes. There have been many times during his shows when he
will make some comment, especially from the period, that I will
raise an eyebrow at.

I've been surprised that there was not much discussion on the
"Dining with Henry VII" episode. I thought it was wonderful
and really enjoyed seeing the dishes being prepared and presented.
But even then there were some pretty glaring errors as far as
my limited knowledge. Heh, I did appreciate the fact that "Maids
of Honor" is a secret recipe. Or how only the King and Courtiers
ate wafres.

I'd love to see Alton do a show on Medieval food, but would really
appreciate some fact-checkers there. I LOVED his preparation
of haggis!

Gunthar
"Good Eats" fan. Really!