college and slaughter... (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Cooking Cats

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Sep 25 11:51:01 PDT 2002

Issy asked:

are going to be a vet? I'm a loan broker/karate instructor. I think more
people would just go without a college degree. Not trying to be a PITA, just
curious.  Issy  I do think my husband agrees with you, though.

Because it's a level of responsibility, that of being aware that you are
taking a life, and why. If you don't wish to slaughter an animal, and
continue to eat meat, that's certainly your choice. But some of us THINK
about what we're doing, and how it impacts the world, both the inner and the
outer world, and, as I said in my previous post, find those who hide
realities from themselves to be....unworthy of complete respect.

If I ever get to the point here I can't do that, I will cease to eat meat.

YMMV,

Phlip