[Sca-cooks] Scullery duty

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 26 11:07:43 PDT 2002

>We have a head cook (in charge of the food, menue and kitchen) and a Hall
>Autocract (in charge of setting up the hall, decortations, tickets, take
>down/cleanup
>etc).
>
>I would like us to change Hall Autocrat to Hall Steward or something like
>that,
>I don't like the term "Autocrat".
>
>Isobel

Here in Bright Hills we have a term for that ~ Master of the Hall.
He is sometimes part of the hall decoration and set up, especially if he
knows about some special presentation, etc. that will happen during feast.
He enlists and organizes the servers, is in communication with the kitchen
as to the proper names for each dish and any ingredients some folks have
problems with (that we are aware of) so the servers can properly address
questions and he announces each course.  He works with us patiently as we do
last minute garnishing (we take lots of pride in the beauty of our feast as
well as the taste).  He is privy to and accomplice to any "pranks" or
special presentations the kitchen crew has come up with.  He also dresses
really spiff and sees that his servers are too.  Plus, he's such a nice guy
he usually helps with dishes!
Olwen