[Sca-cooks] Roasting question

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 09:19:05 PST 2003

The Medieval Kitchen has a chapter on roasted meats; a quick glance lists
receipts calling for larding the meat, or stuffing it (depending on the cut
or critter), or basting it.  This is handy because as the authors point out,
many period cookbooks don't talk about how to roast.
Roasting technically is heat coming from the side, requiring a spit or other
method of suspension.

Nancy Kiel
nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Never tease a weasel!