[Sca-cooks] That tile project....

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 3 21:35:24 PST 2003

Phlip gargled something that sounded like:

And then said:

>> *** What tile are *you* doing for the Florilegium Tile Project? ***
>
> I'm in, Stefan. I'm just trying to figure out how to make them thick enough.
> What's your minimum thickness? The 8 x 8 size is just fine....
Wonderful. You're the first person to say they would actually make a tile.

The thickness should be one to 1 1/2 inches. Thinner or more fragile material
such as parchment or glass can be backed with another material such as metal
or wood. Or I guess plastic, if it is not obvious from the top.

We are thinking about boxing up all (most?, the ones not reclaimed?, donated?)
the tiles, and shipping them to the next event in this Known World Tour. Still
trying to figure out how to pay for this, so if everyone mounts their tile on
a wrought iron base it might get expensive. But this could mean a display that
would get bigger with each event. And save folks from having to ship the tiles
back out from home.

Keep your eyes on this website for more details.
http://www.mindspring.com/~tripper/serena/TileProject/
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com