[Sca-cooks] That tile project....

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Apr 3 22:04:19 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> > I'm in, Stefan. I'm just trying to figure out how to make them thick
enough.
> > What's your minimum thickness? The 8 x 8 size is just fine....
> Wonderful. You're the first person to say they would actually make a tile.
>
> The thickness should be one to 1 1/2 inches. Thinner or more fragile
material
> such as parchment or glass can be backed with another material such as
metal
> or wood. Or I guess plastic, if it is not obvious from the top.

Stefan? Me? Thinner or more fragile material? I was rather wondering where
you were going to get a forklift to move the collection, if workers in my
materials donate inch thick pieces ;-)

> We are thinking about boxing up all (most?, the ones not reclaimed?,
donated?)
> the tiles, and shipping them to the next event in this Known World Tour.
Still
> trying to figure out how to pay for this, so if everyone mounts their tile
on
> a wrought iron base it might get expensive. But this could mean a display
that
> would get bigger with each event. And save folks from having to ship the
tiles
> back out from home.
>
> Keep your eyes on this website for more details.
> http://www.mindspring.com/~tripper/serena/TileProject/

Well, you know we in SPCA will help you as we can. I'm sure we'd have no
problem setting up a collection point in camp- maybe a table near the
entrance, with a cover so people can drop them off if we aren't there.
> --
> THLord Stefan li Rous

Oh, BTW, Stefan, don't forget to bring your Ram's Head back, so we can shape
the other end into something useful.....

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,