[Sca-cooks] Seeking Period Chinese Cuisine

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Apr 9 16:55:54 PDT 2003

We seem to be in the same boat here. I own both
too plus Chang and all are boxed somewhere which is why
I didn't provide more details. I also have a Chinese
banqueting book that is supposed to have menus from
earlier periods in it too. And I don't know where it is
either. Someone gave it to me and I can't recall the title.
PPC issues are on the shelf and there is also
some stuff from Oxford conferences, but I would
still start with Simoons and Chang. I would guess that
a good Chinese vegetarian cookbook and there are several
of those available might be good to look at for the vegetable
dishes and that would also please those folks too.

Johnnae llyn Lewis   Johnna Holloway