[Sca-cooks] Just A Feast report (part 1/2: general report)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 10 08:14:42 PDT 2003

> > > I'm hoping that this will be my fate as well, since I actually prefer
> > > cooking a banquet to eating it.
> >
> > I don't feel that way, I'm afraid.  I enjoy cooking more as an A&S
> > activity than as a service activity, if you know what I mean.

Laurel chef vs. Pelican chef, yesno?  <g>

> I'm split on the issue. One one side I want to do it as perfect as
> possible (the A&S side), on the other I'm a bit of a foaming-at-the-
> mouth evangelist, wanting to Make Period Food The One And Only Way.
> Mostly I try to accomplish the latter by doing the first, and by taking
> every oppourtunity I can get my grubby hands on to teach, and cook the
> real thing for the masses.

I'm a Pelican cook with a Grant-level arts award for cookery, so I'm split
too.
I'm also a big "Period Food Is Yummy" evangelist and won't cook something for
a large group that I =know= they won't eat, just because it is "period."  My
ideal feast is high-end scholarship in mass quantities.  Why couldn't I have
it all?  Oh yeah, I have, and will again.  ;-)

Selene Colfox