[Sca-cooks] Italian Renaissance Dining and Manners

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 12 06:30:02 PDT 2003

> Claudio Benporat, Feste e banchetti: Convivialità italiana fra Tre e
> Quattrocento (Florence: Leo S. Olschki, 2001).

If I'm reading this correctly (and lord knows, I have only the barest
smattering of Italian), it roughly translates to "Parties and Small
Banquets:  Italian Conviviality Between the Third and Fourth Centuries."  So
if this is dealing with the 14th Century, I would say the given title is
incorrect.

Bear

Actually later than that. Try 14th century.   This
is the one
with the diplomatic translation of Martino in it.
The ISBN for my copy is 88 222 5030 3. The
ISSN is 0066-6807. It's part of a series.
I was under the impression that
Katherine Rowberd (mka Kirrily) wanted  what
would be 15th-16th century sources though.
This one does have the 1368 account of the Lionel-Violante
wedding from Milan that was discussed on the list last fall.

Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis