[Sca-cooks] Hot Peppers

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Apr 21 10:15:06 PDT 2003

How about the Garlic Sauce recipe 99 from
The Medieval Kitchen?

Garlic sauce for all meats: take the garlic and cook it in the
embers, then pound it thoroughly and add raw garlic and crumbs of bread
 and sweet spices, and broth; and mix everything together and boil
it a little and serve hot. Source is Libro di Cucina del Secolo XIV.
Their adaptation calls for ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.

Johnnae llyn Lewis   Johnna Holloway