[Sca-cooks] Bright Hills new Coronets

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 25 07:38:07 PDT 2003

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> It was very recently (yesterday) announced that Lord Barre and THLady
> Cordelia FitzRobert of York are to become the next Coronet(s) of Bright
> Hills.
> Cordelia was the person who began our cooks guild here and was the first
> Guild Master.  She has already begged us not to toss her out of the kitchen.
>   Barre was scheduled to cook a duck for high table and is insisting on
> doing that chore still.
> Well, once a cook, always a cook...

Don't I know the type!  Repeat after me, "Anything you say, Your Excellency!"
which is courtly talk for "Bull****!"  I remember the Altavia Investiture Feast
lo these 20 years ago now, one of my servers had suddenly become Crown Princess
but insisted on serving anyway.  [Natalya, already a Pelican by then. It
showed.]  I compromised and had her serve the High Table.  It worked.

Seriously, letting the B&B do the things that they actually enjoy about the SCA
is one way to ensure that they enjoy their tenure in this new phase.  Let'em.

Selene Colfox