[Re: [Sca-cooks] Some disturbing news about one of the foodmerchants atPennsic]]

Patches slpatch at mfire.com
Tue Aug 19 18:07:16 PDT 2003

"Phlip" <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

"I think that at this point, I should add an interjection. Not only are most
of the rules not silly, being in place for everyone's safety and comfort, but
Cindy and the Coopers have no problem with minor infractions, as long as you
discuss them with them. It's when people try repeatedly to "get away" with
something that she puts her foot down."

 I would agree. Most of the time I have found that those who do try to 'get
away' with something genuinely believe they are not hurting anyone and
therefore see no reason for the 'unreasonable' response of those in charge, be
it autocrat or site owners.

 It is unfortunate that the actions of a few can mean tightening of the reins
for all.

 And I in no way meant to imply that the rules governing Pennsic merchants are
silly - but I have seen some arbitrary rules which defied logic! My favorite
over the years was at a Ren Faire which stated "No person working in a booth
shall wear a hat or headgear" Now, why would that possibly need to be
regulated? Shouldn't food vendors HAVE to wear hats? Just one example that
pops to mind.

Lady Wilhelmina

The Brigands Cache
"Purveyors of Fine Goods Acquired"