[Sca-cooks] Re: Mustards and measurements

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 09:49:05 PDT 2003

> Helewyse,
> I had wondered if an apple butter type mustard would
> be tasty, and this
> looks like a good one to try.  When you have
> oz-ounce in the bottom recipe
> are you measuring by weight?
>
> Sharon
> gordonse at one.net

I'm english and can't break the habit of doing
everything by weight.  So the ounces are always by
weight.  It just makes more sense.

Ooh ooh can I put this in my mustards handout as
another period mustard
recipe please please? And if so, how should i cite it?
Pretty please?

> Jadwiga wrote:
> > Hi guys, can we talk about period cooking?
> > What's your favorite mustard recipe?
>
> I made this sweet mustard from Scappi about a year
> ago.  In the absence of quinces I used apples.

Jadwiga: I have no problem with you adding this to
your file.  I'll even get you the original Italian if
you are interested (I need to double check a couple of
the translations too).  This is webbed at
http://www.geocities.com/helewyse/yulefeast.html
For other citation I guess you could use the standard
SCA disclaimer "Translated and redacted 2002 by Lady
Helewyse de Birkestad, CW.  You may use/distribute
this version for non-profit use only (scholarly,
private use) provided that this information is
included.  Contact me by email at helewyse at yahoo.com"

Helewyse