[Sca-cooks] professional cooks-- reality check wanted

KarenO karen_ostrowski at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 3 07:44:47 PDT 2003

In today's paper from Billings MT, there is an advertisement flyer from a
caterer:  A basic package  with sandwich fixings & a couple salads, coffee &
punch, plates, cutlery & condiments, and includes one server for 3 hours
will cost you $699 per 100 people {or $6.99 a head it also details}   Trays
for sandwiches/ snacking that serve 20 to 25 are $32.95, Fruit cheese &
cracker basket is $35.00  and a fruit tray is $35.00   {doesn't specify
servings}.  Definitely not a trivial pursuit for "party of 800."
Caointiarn

> a cold buffet for 800 is NOT trivial.
> doable, yes. trivial no.
> Kirsten Houseknecht

... Only problem is, she keeps telling everyone that she's worked for a
caterer and so a cold buffet for 800 is trivial...  <>, I was beginning to
wonder whether I make a mountain out of a molehill...
 -- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa,