[Sca-cooks] SILICONE BAKEWARE

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Mon Aug 11 03:40:45 PDT 2003

Philippa uge-ber:

> Anyway, some friends here were talking about silicone bakeware. You know,
> that rubbery bakeware that you can put in the oven. Is it really as
> non-stick as they say? Has anyone used it? Any opinions?

Hmm. Never heard of silicone bakeware myself. I do now Pampered Chef has
been selling the silicone spatula/scraper for years. Those are wonderful.
Non-stick and they don't stain when you're working with tomato based sauces.
At our beginning of the month training meeting, my director showed us a
silicone trivet/hotpad that Pampered Chef has added to the catalog.  Seeing
how it can be used as both a trivet as well as an oven mitt, I can see it
going a step further and bakeware out of silicone.  My only observation is
that all of the silicone cooking related Items I've seen so far are really
flimsy and flexible.  Not too sure if that will work very well with dishes
that need to stay firm or in a specific shape.