[Sca-cooks] SILICONE BAKEWARE

Althea Degrimm dethriel at optonline.net
Mon Aug 11 05:00:52 PDT 2003

> Heleen Greenwald wrote:
> >
> >  Hi Folks,
> > The operation went without a hitch and my recovery is slow but sure.
(But I
> > must be getting better if I can sit at the computer a bit...no?)
> >
> > Anyway, some friends here were talking about silicone bakeware. You
know,
> > that rubbery bakeware that you can put in the oven. Is it really as
> > non-stick as they say? Has anyone used it? Any opinions?

Glad to hear you are doing better...and back at the computer!

Yes, I have one of those..the pound-cake sized one.  Haven't baked in it
yet, bought it because a friend said they were the best..his mother uses
them.  Mine is made by Lekue, and at their website(
http://www.totalvac.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=totalvac&Category_Code=lekue )
, there's lots more interesting stuff....

Will prob have to think about this after the move, however...

Anyways, this stuff is supposed to be non-stick..but then I've had
'non-stick' Nordicware that turned out to *not* be as non-stick as
promoted...I'll prob still use butter or summat else before baking in this
the first time...

Althea