[Sca-cooks] SILICONE BAKEWARE

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 11 04:51:23 PDT 2003

One of the low-end, grocery store bakeware companies has been marketing a
line of dark gray coated baking tins that supposedly have a silicon coating.
The are about a non-stick as you will find, but the coating damages fairly
easily and being dark gray, they retain heat and bake faster than aluminum
or steel tins.

I suspect, however, you are referring to the Silpat products.  I haven't
used them, but a couple people I know do like the silicon baking mats.  I
will probably try them out when my life settles down.

Bear