[Sca-cooks] SILICONE BAKEWARE

Spnknffork at aol.com Spnknffork at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 14:22:46 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/11/2003 6:41:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net writes:

> I suspect, however, you are referring to the Silpat products.  I haven't
> used them, but a couple people I know do like the silicon baking mats.  I
> will probably try them out when my life settles down.

I work at Subway, and we use the Silpat pan liners for our bread baking. The
silicone cookware in question reminds me more of something I saw on a
television program. I can't remember what program it was but there was a morning news
talkshow that had a home/living segment regarding a new silicone cookware line
that offered spatulas and muffin pans. Being flexible and burn resistant the
muffin pans are merely twisted so that the muffins could pop out like an
icecube tray. This is something I've pulled from my memory and can't say as to
whether I've actually seen them in person.

Gonza