[Sca-cooks] SILICONE BAKEWARE

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Mon Aug 11 14:48:01 PDT 2003

At 02:22 PM 8/11/2003,Spnknffork at aol.com said something like:
>  can't remember what program it was but there was a morning news
>talkshow that had a home/living segment regarding a new silicone cookware
>line
>that offered spatulas and muffin pans. Being flexible and burn resistant the
>muffin pans are merely twisted so that the muffins could pop out like an
>icecube tray. This is something I've pulled from my memory and can't say
>as to
>whether I've actually seen them in person.
>
>Gonza
>___________________

I've seen these soft silicone baking pans in the kitchen outlet stores. I
picked them up and "felt" them. They're interesting, very interesting. My
reservation with them is that there is no support for whatever you are
cooking in the pan. The texture of these baking pans is very like the latex
molds I used to use for cub scout plaster of paris thingies.  They're
interesting, but until I hear from someone who has actually used these
novelty pants, I don't think I'll trust them.

If you use these things, do you put them on a baking sheet in the oven to
support them?? Otherwise, how would you get out a round cake, a square
cake, or whatever, without breaking it in two (or more) pieces???

Regards,
Maggie MacD.