[Sca-cooks] Re: Blood donors

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Thu Aug 14 15:48:27 PDT 2003

for *scheduled* surgery there are many other products, including recycling
your own blood... because scheduled surgeries rarely involve loss of much
blood anymore
(fortunately)
BUT
accident victims, people who bleed out, people with platelet problems, and
other issues, often have no choice, its blood.. NOW or be dead.

certainly it is your privilage to avoid blood products, that is your
choice... Jehova's Witnesses and many other religions routinely do... but to
actively discourage people from donating?

Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...