[Sca-cooks] Some disturbing news about one of the foodmerchantsat Pennsic

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 16:46:00 PDT 2003

>Which is possible, then again if you pay to be a merchant and you wish to
>run a 24 hour restaurant I think you should be able to. The whole concept
>of
>"hours of operation" is BS as to my way of thinking.

That's my thought as well. Someone wants to keep their operation open
late so why is this a violation? Does this mean that people don't get hungry
after 9:00 pm or something? Is it a work limit regulation? What is the
problem?

I've heard someone say there were health and working violations but I
haven't
seen any real problems with the food and the workers always seemed happy to
see us.

>its simply the locals make sure they get profits first.

I kind of believe this as well. Most of the food vendors are now local
mundane
establishments. I wouldn't be surprised to someday find a temporary
McDonalds
setup at Pennsic if the money was right.

But I do know the Coopers aren't SCA and just trying to get their profits as
high
as they can. If they make the SCA happy in the process that's great, but we
are
a business to them, nothing more.

>Elric, Harper's Raid Tavern

Gunthar