[Sca-cooks] Re: Sourdough Article

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 21 05:21:37 PDT 2003

Bear wrote:
>Lactobacillus san francisco?  I'll have to get that.

>Did the article say if this was based off of a recent >study?  I
read the original paper that described the >interactions of Candida
milleri and L. san francisco >several years ago and the interactions
and changes in the >reaction are complex to say the least.

>From what I can read in the article, the original study was done 34
years ago by Frank Sugihara and Leo Kline.  The article notes that
the principal yeast they found is now called "Candida milleri, and
the principal bacterium, a species never found in nature before, is
called Lactobacillus sanfranciscensis."  It looks like this is a new
article about the old study with a few new quotes added in.

Alys Katharine