[Sca-cooks] Oops!

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Aug 22 13:51:16 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> The comment about dredging the chicken in icing sugar instead of flour got
> me thinking--besides Master A's garlic brownies, who else has used the
> wrong food substance? I mixed up the cayenne and paprika once--it was
> inedibly hot paprikas--which is why I now label all my spices even if it's
> turmeric.
>
> Anybody else?
>
> Margaret, who faces a weekend of spice labeling and wedding cake planning

Well, I'm sure everyone has heard the story by now, of the Salad Dressing
Fried Chicken, but the worst I ever personally experienced was back in
boarding school, when a couple of the Jewish girls decided to cook a
traditional Jewish meal for some holiday or another. Instead of adding a
teaspoon of salt to the soup, they added a tablespoon...awful stuff...

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.