[Sca-cooks] It's a Wrap

Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com
Mon Aug 25 07:58:21 PDT 2003

> This just came in my email from a health letter I subscribe to. Thought
> y'all'd find it interesting.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> It's a Wrap
>
> You can get an extra vegetable serving, while protecting the environment,
by
> wrapping your sandwiches in edible food wraps.
> Scientists have created food wraps made from purees of unstrained fruit
and
> vegetables that are then dehydrated in the shape of a thin layer. They
act
> much like traditional plastic wrap, but one wrapper is equal to a single
> serving of fruit or vegetables and is completely edible. Look for them in
> stores by the end of the year.

I wonder about this...

If we can derive nutritional benefit from such a wrapping, as the story
posits, than so can a host of pathogenic organisms....
how can that be prevented, or even changed?

how does the wrap work in humid environments ( like that found in wrapping
a tuna sandwich on white bread )?
does it turn to some gummy veggidreck, like fruit leathers do when they get
wet?
There has got to be a _host_ of caveats in using this stuff.

Brandu