[Sca-cooks] It's a Wrap

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 25 08:05:02 PDT 2003

It's fruit leather... I've made it for years.  ;-)

OK, so maybe I wouldn't use peach for a sandwich, but you can make
tomato leather... that might work. There are  two problems that
immediately spring to my mind, at least...

One is that fruit leather tends to attract moisture in humid weather
(such as we have recently had, here in the East)  and the whole thing
might break down into a sticky mess. If you got it so dry that would not
be a problem, I'm not sure how pliable it would be.

The other is that I wrap my sandwich so I can toss it in a bag and keep
it clean... I'm not sure I want the part I plan to eat rubbing up
against the inside of the bag, and my wallet, and my...  If I'm putting
it in something, I'm still putting it in something, and there's no
reason I can't just put it in that to begin with (whether I'm going to
toss it or reuse it... I'm partial to reusable plastic containers,
myself. And then I don't need plastic wrap.)

It's an interesting thought, though...

AEllin