[Sca-cooks] Favorite period Spanish recipes?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 11:34:15 PDT 2003

>>Thank you Elizabeth, but I could not find an entry for Cazuela de Salmon
>>or Salmon.  Do you call the dish some other name?
>>Olwen
>
>Here it is:
>
>Cazuela de Salmon- Salmon Casserole
>Ruperto de Nola, Libro de Guisados, 1529
>Tr. Lady Brighid ni Chiarain of Tethba (Robin Carroll-Mann)
>Were you looking in the current edition of the Miscellany, webbed on
>Cariadoc's site in pdf?
>
>http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/miscellany_pdf/Misc9recipes.pdf
>
>There is also an older version, webbed for us by Master Gregory Blount some
>years back; I haven't checked to see if that one has this recipe.
>
>Elizabeth/Betty Cook

I don't know.  I think it was in whichever popped up when I put miscellany
in the search engine.  I do not bookmark things on my work computer.  Thank
you for the recipe Elizabeth.  I forwarded it to our local cooks guild list.
  The decision was just made yesterday to do a salmon dish in an upcoming
feast so this recipe was timely.
Olwen