[Sca-cooks] Olwen's hand, was Pennsic Blood Drive

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 28 21:24:13 PDT 2003

Oh, no!

Be careful with it. I didn't tear, but fell on and hit/bruised the base
of my thumb and first didn't take them seriously about the brace, and
then wasn't able to stop using my hand the way I was supposed to. (This
little matter of earning a living... and then, I don't know how to pack
to move without grasping things with my right hand. I really did overuse
it.) Five years later it is still weak,  tires easily, and aches if I
overuse it.

Learn from my mistake! Be careful of it! Yes, I want to scare you - I
wasn't scared enough! I simply couldn't believe that this was a real
injury...

AEllin