[Sca-cooks] White IceBox Fruitcake

Pat "Mordonna" Griffin mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 07:49:12 PST 2003

I think I posted this some years back, but here goes.

11 oz. box 'Nilla Wafers
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
10 oz. pkg. sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup more or less candied dried fruit (original called for white raisins)
1 cup more or less chopped nuts

Crush the vanilla wafers.  Mix all ingredients together.  Add a bit of milk if it's too dry.  Pack firmly into an airtight container.  Refrigerate.  Best if allowed to sit a few days to meld the flavors.  This year I used dried pineapple and marischino cherries for the fruit, and pecans for the nuts.  I'm living in the middle of a pecan orchard.  Be kinda dumb to use Walnuts.

Now, does anyone have a good Medieval recipe for a holiday sweet?

Mordonna