[Sca-cooks] Cholent

Yehoshua ben Haym zkessin at cs.brandeis.edu
Thu Dec 11 00:37:35 PST 2003

Does anyone have a period recipe for some form of a Cholent (Shabbeth
stew) or something that could work as such? Jewish law says that you can't
cook on Shabbos, so you prepare a stew on friday and let it sit on a
banked fire overnight to eat for lunch the next day (Ok we will be using a
crock pot). so does anyone have any sugestions for a period recipe that
might work for this? It will have to be kosher of course, but we can
always play with things to make it kosher.

--
Yehoshua ben Haym haYerushalmi
MKA Zachary Kessin Jerusalem, Israel