[Sca-cooks] sour cream uses - OOP

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 12:13:59 PST 2003

--- Diana Skaggs <liadan at pldi.net> wrote:
> Betsy,
> You can use sour cream in modern biscuits,
> pancakes and muffins. "Joy of
> Cooking" has recipes.
>
> Liadan

And if you are not making pancakes from scratch,
you can still add sour cream to pancake mix.
While I don't always have time to make from
scratch, I like to make my pancakes taste better
than those straight from the box.  Even the
higher priced mixes don't have that fresh taste.
But when you add sour cream to the mix, it adds
freshness and lightness which makes them taste
better.  I usually add one heaping tbsp for 6 or
8 pancakes.  1/4 cup for 8 to 12 pancakes and 1/3
cup for 16+ pancakes.  You can also do the same
with cottage cheese, which will also improve the
taste, but won't add to the fluffyness.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.