[Sca-cooks] Re: recipes for dog, oop

Lora Weems.Leofwynn atte Gos muchosnombresfarm at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 08:20:37 PST 2003

I have a recipe book, "Unmentionable Quisine", which has 12 recipes for dogmeat, and quite a few for cat, and rat, too.  Also bat.

They are mostly Asian and Hawaiian recipes, Here are a couple that sound interesting:

COCONUT-CREAM MARINATED DOG ON SKEWERS

(satay bumbu dendeng) (Indonesia)

Cut dogmeat into pieces and marinate them in a mixture of coconut cream with a little soy sauce, pounded garlic and onions, ground coriander, ground cumin, salt, and pepper.  Skewer, broil over charcoal, and serve with a pickled hot pepper sauce.

DOGMEAT STEW (Adobo Aso) (Phillipines)

Cut dogmeat and chicken into pieces.  Add crushed garlic, bay leaf, and black pepper.  Barely cover with water and vinegar (1:1) and simmer until tender.  Increase the heat until the liquid evaporates, add oil, and brown the meat pieces.  Serve the adobo with a sauce made by deglazing the pot with water. Salt to taste.

I got this book many years ago, back in the 80's, when I was gifted with 10 cow tongues and wanted to do something other than the pickled sandwich slices I grew up with.  It has LOTS of real recipes for foods that here in the US we would not normally consider as food.  (Stuffed cow eyes,(Des yeux de veau farcis) for instance, from France).

Leofwynn atte Gos

Takke ye onne doggye, stuffe himme withe a catt that hase bene stuffyed
wythe a ratte, seasone himme welle. and tye himme to a spitt. Roast hymme
slolee ofyer yon fyre turnning slowlee untille donne. Thenn careve hym up
and serve hym forthe.

AEduin, who is still in a silly mood :-)))))))))))))