[Sca-cooks] Surreal conversations

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 23 19:54:19 PST 2003

	So, you remember the conversation we were having a week or so ago about
movies with food in them?  I went looking for a couple (Mostly Martha and
Babette's Feast) that I had not seen while out doing last minute running
around today.  I located a video store that specializes in foreign films
(did you know that Babette's Feast is a Norwegian film?).  They were both in
their collection, but were both rented.  No problem, I'll check back.
	Later this evening, we were talking about New Year's plans.  Folks in the
household are trying to get something together, but no one wants to have it
at their house.  So, I get a call from Sir Rodger from New Mexico (out
visiting Sir Kytte's folks) to talk about New Year's plans.  He says "Well,
we won't be able to do Babette's Feast after all".  "What?" says I?  "We
won't be able to do Babette's Feast."  "Ok", (now I'm seriously befuddled),
"what is Babette's Feast other than a movie I was trying to rent this
afternoon?"   He says "there is this restaurant downtown called Babette's.
Ella wanted to go there as a group and have a big feast-type dinner, but we
can't go."  (insert Twilight Zone do-do-do-do do-do-do-do here)  I think I'm
glad we won't be dining there after all.
	I just had to share. Now that we've identified a new film genre, it seems
to be following me....
	Christianna