[Sca-cooks] istachio marzipan

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 26 23:41:38 PST 2003

Olwen replied to me with:
> >> No, pressing sugar into/onto molds and letting it gt hard.
> > Regular granulated sugar? Or do you actually mean sugarpaste? Or
> > something else?
>
> No.  It's basically the same mixture used to make the Mexican sugar
> skulls -
> Mix together well in large bowl: 1 teaspoon meringue powder for every
> cup of granulated sugar used.  Then wait forever till it dries.
Oh! Something different. Is this meringue powder more than just dried
egg whites and various preservatives and anti-caking ingredients? Do
you add water or some sort of liquid? All I see here is mixing two
powders together. That doesn't seem too moldable, and you said wait
until it dries. Dries in the mold? Or dries in the bowl? How different
is the result from marzipan?
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas