[Sca-cooks] about crock pots

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Dec 2 09:39:47 PST 2003

They are a number of new cookbooks out with modern up to date recipes
for slow cooking. I still have my ones that came out in the original
editions
from the 1960's, but they are rather dated compared to the new versions
that are more health conscious, etc. Sizes of the crockery pots have
changed over time too for some of the models. You might browse a larger
bookstore's
culinary department or ask at the local library.

Johnnae

Tara Sersen Boroson wrote:
While we're on the topic, I'd love to start using my own crockpot more.
Does anybody have good slow-cooker recipes?  What period recipes
translate well to crockpots?  (For cooking, anyway - I've definately
used them for keeping cooked food hot for serving.)