[Sca-cooks] about crock pots

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Dec 2 09:49:15 PST 2003

> While we're on the topic, I'd love to start using my own crockpot more.
> Does anybody have good slow-cooker recipes?  What period recipes
> translate well to crockpots?  (For cooking, anyway - I've definately
> used them for keeping cooked food hot for serving.)

Well, lentil dishes, of course; and the chickpeas/honey/onion dish that
I'm working on redacting from the Inquisition manuscripts; Egredouce
(brown the meat under the broiler), Hen in Broth, Rosemary Chicken, etc.
all work pretty well. With the chicken dishes, though, I'd try to be
around to skim off the schmaltz when the cooking first starts.
Frumenty of barley works well too. I'm going to be trying barley groats in
a crockpot-- probably tonight.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_