[Sca-cooks] Period Foods: How to Fake It!

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Dec 4 14:43:27 PST 2003

> the pie shell to make a savory pie that calls for a coffin. This will give
> them the feel/look of a period lunch table. While there are lots of recipes
> out there I would like to know what you've actually tried using a simple
> substitution to make it easier to make that would be good for a non cook to
> start with.

Hm... I've been converting people to period cooking by having them redact
simple recipes. :)

My sauces class: http://gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/food.html

And my 'make your own mustard' class where people can choose to redact a
period recipe or not:
http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/herbs/Mustards.html

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_