[Sca-cooks] Period Foods: How to Fake It! - More Clearly

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 5 06:46:17 PST 2003

> Cynara
> Something that takes a bit more time than just buying sausages, bread and
> mustard -- which I do frequently -- is the Quicky Pasty. Leftover meatloaf
> sliced, wrapped in pie dough and baked, and you don't even have to make
the
> dough from scratch. This is especially good as a tourney lunch, since it's
> good cold and doesn't require a plate or even a knife.

Glad Tidings,

That is a fantastic idea! I will think on it further and see if it inspires
any ideas, that was something I had never thought of. I can also see where
ideas like this could come in useful, even for hard-core cooks. Take this
weekend for example. I have spent the entire week feverishly working on
several A&S entries, and it was just now that I thought about the fact that
no lunch is being supplied. I still have finishing touches to complete on my
entries and I really do not have the time to make anything from scratch.

If I had a repertoire that included things like this, I could just throw
things together and it would be good. Hmmm, food for thought.

-Serena