[Sca-cooks] Period Foods: How to Fake It! - More Clearly

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Fri Dec 5 06:52:34 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/5/2003 9:48:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vox8 at mindspring.com writes:
> Something that takes a bit more time than just buying sausages, bread and
mustard -- which I do frequently -- is the Quicky Pasty. Leftover meatloaf
sliced, wrapped in pie dough and baked, and you don't even have to make the dough
from scratch. This is especially good as a tourney lunch, since it's good cold
and doesn't require a plate or even a knife.
One of our local ladies does something similar. She takes frozen bread dough
and breaks it into roll sized bits, then stretches it a bit and fills it with
meats, cheeses, browned ground beef, leftovers - what ever comes to mind. She
seals them and then bakes them and has them on hand for gate crews, staff etc
when she autocrats. Very simple and surprisingly tasty.

Ilaria