[Sca-cooks] candied orange peel

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Dec 6 10:30:23 PST 2003

I candy both the fruits and the peels. I like the colors of the
fruits found in the blood oranges as they vary in color and intensity of
colors.
You can use three fruits and have three different colors ranging from pale
pink to ruby red to purple.
I ususally just choose unblemished fruits and take my chances on what I find
and I will often choose from a variety of places and markets.
I keep a running account in a log now of where and what was purchased
and how long
the batch took, etc.  Lab notes, I guess.

Johnnae llyn Lewis