[Sca-cooks] washing birds...

Sayyida Halima al-Shafi'i of Raven's Cove lkuney at ec.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 07:42:18 PST 2003

The towel serves to "massage" the chickens helping to clean them and
serves as a buffer while the chickens are agitating.  We used to do this
every year when butchering.  I don't give advice or suggest things based
on theoretical knowledge unless I clearly state it is theoretical.
 Comparing it to a "stunt" and picking it to pieces certainly doesn't
seem like a courteous way to ask for further information to me-it feels
like ridicule.

>I'm trying
>very hard to restrain myself from flaming you in response.  I'm giving
>you the benefit of the doubt, assuming that you don't know the tone of
>this list and Stefan's personality, rather than assuming you are a
>snipey thin-skinned know it all.  I hope I'm right.

Gosh, I'm sure glad you...uh...*restrained* yourself ...  Feel free to
ask me direct questions instead of all the "assuming".  I'll be happy to
answer them.  Especially about food.