[Sca-cooks] stuffing birds with...birds....

Lorenz Wieland lorenz_wieland at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 8 10:07:41 PST 2003

Heleen Greenwald wrote:
> Anybody want to volunteer to write out *HOW* to debone all these
> birds?  Any time I've deboned anything, I've left half the meat
> behind  (not on purpose) and I'm quite sure I could not do a good
> enough job to both REMOVE the bones AND leave the skin / meat intact.
> Phillipa

The basic pattern is to remove the wishbone with your fingers, cut away the
backbone with stout kitchen/poultry shears (cutting up each side of the
spine), open the bird up, and pull out the ribcage and breastbone from the
inside.

Check out Jacques Pepin's "Complete Techniques" for a very good photo
walk-through.

-Lorenz