[Sca-cooks] stuffing birds with...birds....

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 8 20:25:02 PST 2003

Don't feel intimidated!

OK - I don't think I've ever boned a whole bird - I don't think I've
ever had cause to. But, back when I was in college, and really just
learning myself, I taught my cooking-inept boyfriend to bone chicken
breasts... he was broke and living in one room, with a hot plate. I
discovered he was paying for boned breasts, because he could saute them
quickly, but then making "chicken soup" with bouillon cubes... it was
cheaper, more nourishing, and not too hard to bone the meat and make
broth with the bones (OK, not great broth, but better...)  He got good
at it, too...  didn't really leave enough meat for the broth, by the
Spring!  And if he could do that, you can certainly do a whole bird.
(You already know how to hold a knife... that helps...)

AEllin