[Sca-cooks] OOP - Fw: Jasper and The Uncooked Yeast Rolls

Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur avrahamharofeh at herald.sca.org
Fri Dec 12 17:57:35 PST 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:50:51 -0500, tara at kolaviv.com wrote:
> vitamin C - humans are one of few species that need vit. C in our diet
> because we don't produce this vitamin in our own bodies.  Pets do
> produce it, and can easily be exposed to too much by people who give
> them human vitamins.

I assume (and I could be wrong) that mammalian physiology isn't THAT
different between species. Vitamin C is water-soluble, and excess quantities
are readily excreted by the kidney. There is no known "Vitamin C toxicity"
syndrome in humans.

> Too much vitamin A can be dangerous, and liver has
> a high amount of vit. A, so it should be fed sparingly.

Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat-soluble and therefore storable - these are
the only vitamins for which toxicity syndromes are reported in the medical
texts.