[Sca-cooks] OOP - Fw: Jasper and The Uncooked Yeast Rolls

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Dec 12 18:15:19 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:50:51 -0500, tara at kolaviv.com wrote:
> > vitamin C - humans are one of few species that need vit. C in our diet
> > because we don't produce this vitamin in our own bodies.  Pets do
> > produce it, and can easily be exposed to too much by people who give
> > them human vitamins.
>
> I assume (and I could be wrong) that mammalian physiology isn't THAT
> different between species. Vitamin C is water-soluble, and excess
quantities
> are readily excreted by the kidney. There is no known "Vitamin C toxicity"
> syndrome in humans.

Don't know about toxicity, but I do know my grandmother put me on mega doses
of Vitamin C when I was a kid, and before it became popular for the general
public, and I came down with a case of diarrhea I still remember- not a good
result in man or beast.

And, Avraham, there are sufficient physiological differences between species
that something minor in one species can be fatal in another- vomitting, for
example, will kill a horse, but is a minor inconvenience to cats, dogs, and
humans.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.