[Sca-cooks] German bacon

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Dec 13 21:35:43 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> So, that still leaves a question -- cured or uncured?  I can get uncured
pork
> belly at the Asian grocery.
>
> Danke.
>

> Brighid ni Chiarain *** mka Robin Carroll-Mann

I'd try it both ways, if I wewre you. One of the things I've noticed in
Latin, particularly, but in the other languages as well, is that the
translators in \English tend to translate many different forms of pork as
"bacon". Not sure why, unless the meaning of bacon has changed over the last
couple of centuries, rather like the words "corn" and "venison".

However, if you DO choose to use uncured pork, you can also look for side
meat- that's  basicly what country folk call uncured bacon.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.