Spanish bacon was [Sca-cooks] German bacon

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Dec 14 14:23:50 PST 2003

> question, as I'm working through redactions for a feast in January
> (recipe source is a certain someone's translation of de Nola ;o)
> I'm playing with the Chopped Spinach tomorrow--trying the bacon version
> and the non-bacon version.  In the recipe, there're pieces of bacon
> added to the cooking pot, but I don't know what kind--if it was fatty,
> like American bacon, it'd be pretty nasty in texture, since I don't
> think the spinach needs to cook so long that the bacon is rendered.  I
> thought maybe something meatier?

Hm... I always use the bacon I cooked to get the bacon fat, because it
says 'and take the bacon' which seems to me to be either the bacon you
cooked to get the bacon fat, or the bacon from the bacon broth.

When I'm at other people's houses I usually use plain American bacon, when
cooking for myself I use bacon ends. :)

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_